Create exceptional animation experiences with us
As an award-winning animation studio, arx anima is specialized in high-end character animation and development. In order to achieve this, we have a team of artists, technicians, coordinators, and administrators.
As the Pipeline Lead you will oversee all the technological and workflow needs to be covered during the production phase of our feature film.
Under the mentorship of the pipeline supervisor you will be implementing the arx anima pipeline framework and extend it based on the needs that may arise during the production in collaboration with the supervisors and senior production staff.
Production will take place in Vienna, Austria - the world’s most liveable city.
For the open position as Pipeline Lead, you will be responsible for
- Guiding and leading character for the members of the Pipeline team, including our Pipeline TDs, who will approach you to provide coaching, guidance and mentoring.
- Lead and supply to their development of tools and workflows, providing that all development efforts meet the needs of the feature film while also supplying to the general pipeline.
- Use the core arx anima pipeline to contribute to its development.
- Train artists in applicable new techniques and technology.
- Set up accessible documentation for new workflows and tools.
- Generate and monitor support and development tickets for our feature.
- Eager to drive innovation in the team, staying in line of technical developments.
- Fair leadership spirit to carry out creative software plans and solutions to increase efficiency and utilization.
- Handle day-to-day support to creative and production teams.
- Coordinate with Pipeline Supervisor.
- You dedicatedly promote the most effective and efficient technical approach and workflow possible.
- Eliminate potential problems in pipeline tools before they impact on production.
- Experience in producing animated movies and/or series in the same or a similar position for at least 3 years
- Proven experience at a leadership level in the computer graphics industry
- Previous experience working within production leadership teams and meeting schedules.
- Strong leadership skills with a solution driven mindset
- Experience designing and implementing 2d & 3d pipelines from scratch or progressing existing pipeline.
- You can produce excellent Python, Maya, Houdini and Linux skills
- A good knowledge of all areas of 3D (modeling, rigging, texturing, look development, environments, character FX, lighting and FX).
- Strong understanding of asset management, production workflows.
- Excellent on the spot technical problem-solving as well as foresight to potential issues.
- Excellent organisational, communication and project management skills.
- A working knowledge of the latest CG procedures and techniques.
- Ability to delegate and empower your team
- Social skills for your fellow coworkers, including 50GB of humor and respect
- Ability to implement and maintain an open and respectful feedback culture
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or marital status.