Set & Prop Designer
Vienna, Austria & Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
Create exceptional animation experiences with us
As an award-winning animation studio, arx anima is specialized in high-end character animation and development. For our upcoming feature film we are currently looking for motivated, integer people with a hands-on mentality and an open mindset. We truly believe that building up a positive working environment automatically crafts happiness on all ends.
As Set & Prop Designer you will work directly with the Art Director. You are eager to present a clear and comprehensive process of research and exploration that supports the final art, and have a strong understanding of efficient ideation techniques. As a Set & Prop Designer you will bring the ability to work both independently and in cooperation with other Artists to complete assignments and a demonstration of strong artistic interpretation skills.
The time frame is from now on until the end of October, for pre-production, with the eventual possibility to extend afterwards.
Production will take place in Vienna, Austria - the world’s most liveable city.
- Under the supervision of the Art Director, you will be responsible for the design of environment and/or props for the production of a 3D animated film.
- Teamwork is a virtue. You will be a member of a marvelous team of artists to craft amazing landscape that meet the technical and aesthetic requirements of the project
- In this position you will design sets and props which will be used as references by 3D departments such as Modeling and Layout.
- You will participate in the creation and establishment of sets & props intended for the modelling team
- As a Set & Prop Designer you are eager to reflect and interpret the original intention of the Art Director
- You will work closely with the Art Director and Directors to guarantee the smooth transition of the set & props to the final stage of pre-production.
For the open position as Set & Prop Designer you will bring
- At least three (3) years of work experience in the field
- Fluent level of English (oral and written)
- Strong Artistic Skills in design, painting, perspective and composition
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the nature and architecture
- Strong knowledge of color, lighting, atmosphere & overall composition
- Great flexibility in adapting to the style of the show and multi-tasking
- Advanced skills in Photoshop
- Basic skills in Maya are a big plus
- Understanding of CG imagery creation and workflows is desirable
- Knowledge of Open source packages such as Krita is a nice addition
- Knowledge of 3D modeling is a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Social skills for your fellow coworkers, including 50GB of humor and respect
- Ability to implement and maintain an open and supportive feedback culture
- Experience in animated feature films and history and/or architectural background is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
The collective agreement for advertising and market communication is applied. Salary based on experience.